Read the book:
Shame (2007), Jasvinder Sanghera, Hodder & Stoughton, London
Jasvinder Sanghera led the successful campaign in UK that resulted in the criminalisation of forced marriage in 2014. Jasvinder was born in England and has lived there all her life. Despite this, at the age of 14 she was told by her parents that she was going to be taken overseas and forcibly married to an older man whom she had never met. Jasvinder defied her parents and ran away from home. Such an action was deemed to have brought shame on her parents, a ‘crime’ for which should could have been killed by her family for dishonouring them.
Despite many hardships Jasvinder established the organisation Karma Nirvana to spread awareness about the concept of honour-based violence against women and to fight for the criminalisation of forced marriage.
Jasvinder has won many awards in recent years including Woman of the Year (2007), Pride of Britain Award (2009), and Inspirational Woman of the Year (2008). In 2013 she was awarded the Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) by the Queen.
Analyse how Jasvinder Sanghera led the campaign to criminalise forced marriage in UK
Length: at least 5000 words (although the lecturer undertakes to grade an assignment longer than this depending on the student’s preference)
Deadline: Monday 13 June 2016 at 23.59 via Turnitin
This is an academic assignment not a business report. It calls for high-level theoretical density. You must display evidence of research effort, an understanding and application of relevant theory, and also include an appropriate reference list. Use Harvard referencing. Pay close attention to addressing each of the 6 criteria.
Criteria for marking assignments in HRM80016
• Academic integrity – written in an academic style and structure: refer to case study readings in the Green Book for appropriate templates
• Theoretical density – evidence of on-going application of a wide range of theory over various personal, group, and organisational situations and interactions
• Analytical and conceptual approaches rather than pure description or paraphrasing
• Evidence of the application of case studies – video and written
• Evidence of external (additional) reading, especially journal articles
• Evidence of incorporation of knowledge from other HR subjects
Tips: I Have a downloaded copy of the book. Below, you can find the website. When you open the link then u can enter my username and password and view the book there.
1) Website : https://www.booktopia.com.au/sign-in.ep
2) Username : firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently 2 writers are viewing this order
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BEST NURSING TUTORS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Analyse how Jasvinder Sanghera led the campaign to criminalise forced marriage in UK appeared first on BEST NURSING TUTORS .