One research paper will be required for this course. Students are to choose a DSM-5 mental health disorder that responds to both psychotherapy & biomedical treatments. (For the purposes of this assignment, occupational therapy and physical therapy will be considered psychotherapeutic approaches.)
In this research paper students should cover:
• €What are the DSM-5 criteria for diagnosing this disorder? ?
• €Give detailed examples to illustrate these symptoms. ?Biomedical Treatments ?
• €What are the most effective biomedical treatments for this disorder? What does research show about how effective they are? ?
• €How do these treatments work? Explain their physiological/pharmacological effects. ?Psychotherapy Treatments ?
• €What are the most effective psychotherapeutic treatments for this disorder? What does research show about how effective they are? ?
• €How do these treatments work? Explain theories, techniques, and interventions utilized by these treatments. ?Students must use at least two resources from College’s electronic databases (Proquest and Gale). In addition to resources from the database, students are allowed to use peer-reviewed sources from Google Scholar (https://scholar.google.com/). (Please note that “Google Scholar is not the same as “Google”.) Students should write a 4 – 6 page collection of their findings. ?The layout of this assignment should be in APA research paper format. Proper in-text APA citations are expected for all paraphrased and directly quoted material throughout the body of the paper. No more than approximately 15% of the paper should be direct quotations. The purpose of writing a paper is gaining personal knowledge of the subject being investigated. Superfluous direct quotation is counter-productive in facilitating this process. Excessive direct quotation may be penalized with loss of points. The paper should be typed in double-spaced, Times New Roman, font size 12, with one inch margins on top, bottom & sides. ?