Assignment 1: Homeland Security Policy Presentation
Create an analytical PowerPointÂ® presentation with a minimum of 20 slides for the next incoming President and his or her key homeland security team that evaluates the historical trajectory of homeland security policies and provides recommendations for the future pursuit of homeland security goals.
This briefing will be part of the official transition briefings for the incoming President of the United States (POTUS) and must include your evaluation and recommendations regarding the pursuit of homeland security objectives, with support from academic references.
Include the following in your presentation:
- A minimum of four principles of leadership to shape, change, and improve homeland security and emergency management policies and practices.
- Use a minimum of four qualitative and quantitative research studies, academic writings, and applied research references to support your analysis and evaluation.
- Provide a rationale for your recommendations to the incoming POTUS, based on the assigned Readings for this unit along with additional scholarly references.
- Cite all sources in proper APA format, and reference them in the last slides of your presentation.
- Your minimum of 20 slides requirement is excluding your introduction and reference slides.
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Limit slides to between six and eight lines of content.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience, using APA formatting and references.
**NOTE: Your PowerPoint presentation needs to be clear and concise. It should not have too many words on any one PowerPoint slide. As a rule of thumb, if you cannot easily read the text in back of a large room, you have too many words on that page.
Access the Writing Center for more tips on how to create PowerPoint presentations.
Compose your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint and save it in the following format: Last name First name Assignment. (Example: SmithJohn_Unit1_Assignment1). Submit your Assignment by selecting the Unit 1: Assignment 1 in the Dropbox by the end of Unit 1.