PART I: SHORT ESSAY
Directions: Please answer the following shot essay questions. Each question should have a 1 to 2 page response that addresses the questions. Remember to support your work with APA references and in-text citations. Please use proper APA format. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise APA guidelines.
1. Briefly discuss at least one reason that the behavior of public officials, including criminal justice professionals, should be held to higher moral standards than that of ordinary persons.
2. Providing at least one example, briefly discuss the notion that laws can be immoral.
3. Briefly distinguish between acts of omission and acts of commission, providing at least one example of each.
4. Briefly describe the notion of police subculture, using at least one example to illustrate your response.
PART II: CASE STUDY
View YouTube video “Secret Service Scandal Investigation, Fundraising, George Clooney, Sudan (2012)” By “thefilmarchived” (42:46) (Published on July 29, 2012)
In April 2012, a scandal involving U.S. President’s security detail received international press attention. The scandal involved 11 agents and personnel from all four branches of the U.S. military; they allegedly engaged prostitutes while assigned to protect the U.S. President at the 6th Summit of the Americas in Cartagena, Colombia. As of April 24, nine employees had resigned or retired. After the incident was publicized, the Secret Service implemented new rules for its personnel. The rules prohibit personnel from visiting “non-reputable establishments” and from consuming alcohol less than ten hours before starting work. Additionally, they restrict who is allowed in hotel rooms. A few weeks later, stories emerged of Secret Service agents hiring strippers and prostitutes prior to Obama’s 2011 visit to El Salvador.
Complete the following tasks:
Watch the video and conduct research on the Secret Service scandal of 2012. Based on your research and the information contained in the video, write a case study/research paper being sure to address the questions below and include additional information you feel is relevant and will add value to your submission. Remember to include correct APA format with a cover page, reference page, and in text citations. You should also utilize AAU’s LIRN Library for peer reviewed journal articles related to this topic. Your case study/research paper should be at least 3 pages in length.
Note: Please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC) for concise APA guidelines and how to use LIRN effectively.
1. What is the mission of the United States Secret Service?
2. Summarize the events that took place surrounding the scandal.
3. What ethical and moral implications does this scandal have for the criminal justice system?
4. What ethical and moral implications does this scandal have for the Secret Service and United States as a whole, especially since this took place on foreign soil?
5. How does this behavior address the ethical implications for voluntary and involuntary conduct in an agency of necessary respect and admiration for U.S. citizens?
6. Given that the secret service provides secretary to the U.S. President and other top officials, how could this behavior jeopardize the safety of these individuals as well as interfere with the use of force policies?
7. Discuss the concept of universal responsibility. How does it relate to this scenario?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BEST NURSING TUTORS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Briefly describe the notion of police subculture, using at least one example to illustrate your response. appeared first on BEST NURSING TUTORS .