Choose one of these topics and write approximately 2000 words essay(about 6-8 pages), double spaced pages, using at least 6 peer reviewed sources, and provide those 6+ sources using Chicago style.
These are the topics: CHOOSE ONE.
- How has art influenced the development and understanding of Buddhism throughout
- Buddhism has adapted to many cultural and societal changes as it spread around the
globe throughout history. How have modernity and globalization influenced the
message and expansion of Buddhism within recent history?
- How are women perceived within the different schools of Buddhism? Have those
perceptions changed over time? Why or why not?
- Buddhism has often found itself involved in violent actions, and have even been
known to develop skills in martial arts. How is violence perceived in Buddhism? Do
warrior monks or even Buddhist forms of terrorism fit within the spectrum of
Buddhist teachings? Why or why not?
- What role does karma play in Buddhism? Who does it affect, and how does it affect
them in this life, the afterlife, and the next life?
- According to the second noble truth, greed/craving give rise to suffering. What did
the Buddha mean by greed/craving and how do they cause suffering? How do these
apply to love and compassion for others?
- What is the Lotus Sutra and why is it so important to Japanese Buddhism?
7 mins ago