Please make sure this paper has a abstract page please also the abstract page will be consider one of the two pages.
Assignment 1: Combating Juvenile Delinquency
Due Week 7 and worth 120 points
Use the Internet and Strayer databases to research your communityâ€™s current efforts to deter or prevent juvenile delinquency through incarceration programs or other sanctions.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Identify at least two (2) juvenile delinquency reduction efforts / programs currently in operation in your community.
- Determine the main sociological theories that underlie these interventions that shape your communityâ€™s public policy for delinquency prevention.
- Propose one to two (1â€“2) ideas that you believe would improve your communityâ€™s juvenile delinquency prevention efforts. Justify the response with examples that illustrate your ideas being used successfully in other communities.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Differentiate between various theoretical explanations for delinquent behavior.
- Explicate the types of prevention programs that are likely to work with high-risk youngsters.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in juvenile delinquency and justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about juvenile delinquency and justice using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric found here.