For this discussion, review the survey data sets available through the ICPSR, using either its published directory or its Internet site (linked in the Resources). Then respond to the following in your main post:
- Identify two data sets that might be used to study a research question in which you are interested.
- State your selected research question.
- Use the information in the ICPSR reports about them to determine whether the data set contains the relevant variables you will need to answer your research question.
- Enter key words for your research question into the Find & Analyze Data search field on the ICPSR landing page. A list of studies displays in the search return.
- You can filter your results using the filters listed on the left side of the page.
- You can navigate to the main Find & Analyze Data page from the ICPSR site’s drop-down menu located in the upper right corner of the main page.
- Explore the issues of confidentiality and anonymity in terms of whether they are appropriately addressed.
- Examine whether the information provided was enough to ensure that all ethical guidelines were followed.