- Go to the Case Brief Website located at http://www.casebriefs.com or use the Internet to research “Bowers v. Hardwick, 478 U.S. 186 (1986).” Next, analyze the manner in which the defendant, Michael Hardwick, argued that his right to privacy protected him against the Georgia sodomy law. Next, debate whether or not such a law can remain constitutional when same-sex marriage has been ratified in nearly thirty (30) states. Provide support for your response.
- Based on Chapter 12 from the textbook, homosexuality encompasses both specific kinds of sexual behaviors and a more general sexual orientation. Examine the overall impact that homosexuality has on the United Statesâ€™ definition of a â€œnuclear familyâ€. Next, give your opinion as to whether this changing trend is permanent or simply a â€œphase.â€ Justify your response.
Be sure to include a minimum of two outside sources for your response using APA format, in-text citations, and a reference list. Respond to classmates in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your classmate’s posting.
- Offer and support and opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Make a suggestion.
- Expand on your classmate’s posting.