I would like you to discuss The Tempest in relation to King Lear. If King Lear presents us with a very dark and apocalyptic tragic vision, then does The Tempest represent the “promised end”? This paper should focus on the significant relationship between The Tempest and King Lear. You may make appropriate brief references to other tragedies, but I want you to focus on Shakespeare’s last play as an ending. Of course you may reference any secondary material that I have provided, particularly Revelat
- You will be graded by the same criteria that I outlined in Papers 1 and 2
- Please do not do research and go to sources outside of the class.
- This paper should be a minimum of six full pages double-spaced.
- Since you will only be referencing sources from the class, I do not require a works cited page.
- Edit very carefully
- I will value most:
Sources to usehttps://www.
- Your ability to focus on both Lear and The Tempest together in each paragraph.
- Your ability to talk about Shakespeare’s tragic vision and his comic vision, based on your analysis of The Tempest.
- Your ability to discuss both plays from the perspective of Revelations as The Last Judgment and your understanding of the nature of the Apocalypse.
- Pay particular attention to the final chapter in Revelations, which is called The New Jerusalem.
folgerdigitaltexts.org/? chapter=5&play=Lr&loc=p7&_ga= 2.133037581.2096874453. 1548341255-69527109.1548341255