I write down my analysis. about this article https://www.nationalgeographic.com/clean-water-acc…
I just need help to write my Style and Value using these category. Pick two for each feature (only 330 words)
Please see my attached file.
Style: Features relating to the language the author uses in the writing. These should be things that stand out.
- Specific grammar features, such as passive voice
- Verb choice
- Sentence structure
- Figurative language, such as metaphor and simile
Values: Often the most difficult to identify. Think about what is important to both the reader and writer. This needs to be specific and can fall under general categories that may overlap:
- Shared understanding of language (general):
- Is the author using a specifc type of vocabulary (ex. Slang, jargon) to reach his audience. Based on this, what is important to the reader and writer?
- Shared life experience (general)
- What experiences relating to the topic have both the reader and writer had?
- Shared cultural values (general)
- These are values that stem from the reader and writer coming from the same or similar cultures. These are often related to religion or societal issues
- Shared disciplinary values (general)
- These are values that are shared because the reader and writer have a background in the same discipline. What things are important to people