To: Technology Advisor
Re: Computer Use Policy
Due to many changes in the corporate structure, and because we have instituted a new â€œbring your own deviceâ€ policy, it is very important that we create a computer use policy for all employees to sign. This will alert them to potential ethical issues that may arise due to the use of the company technology. Please research several computer use policies online. You may use them as guides in development of our policy; however, it is very important that you do not duplicate or copy any policy to avoid copyright infringement claims against the company.
Write a computer use policy that addresses the following topics:
- Explain ethical computing
- Explain plagiarism and copyright infringement.
- What is the difference between the two?
- How do you know if you are plagiarizing or violating copyright?
- Research plagiarism and find an example of plagiarism that was in the news.
- Explain copyleft.
- Explain software piracy.
- What are the penalties?
- Sharing an Internet connection
- Explain ethical issues related to using social media.
- Give a specific example in which an employee was terminated due to actions on social media.
- Explain an employerâ€™s legal right to review employee activities using their technology in each of the following ways. For each method below , give specific examples in which the law has been upheld or applied.
- Reading emails
- Monitoring Internet usage/sites visited
When answering these questions, please write 3 to 4 sentences on each topic. Give examples where appropriate. Use a minimum of 2 sources other than your book. Remember to cite your sources. add referencess and APA citiations