You have been asked to evaluate and explain perimeter security. Prepare a presentation that includes an explanation of perimeter security utilizing 5 of the 10 topics listed below.
Choose five of the following topics related to perimeter security and prepare a 5 â€“ 7 slide presentation on that topic. The slide presentation should contain speaker notes of at least 3 paragraphs for each slide to explain the subject further. Also, include a cover slide and a reference slide.
Choose five of the following topics for the individual portion of the project:
- State-based filters
- Border routers
- Screened subnets
- Demilitarized zones (DMS)
- Intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Intrusion detection system (IDS)
- Proxy firewalls
- Access control list filters
- Fail safe equipment
- Equipment redundancy
The individual presentation should include the following:
- An explanation of how the security method works
- Advantages and disadvantages of the chosen security
- Trade-offs for using the specific security
- Issues that are addressed by the security method chosen
The tutorial at https://www.lynda.com/Windows-Server-tutorials/Perimeter-networks/410326/445206-4.html provides a more detailed look at perimeter network and security concepts.