Evidence-Based Clinical Question Search Assignment
The purpose of this Assignment is to give you a practical application to implement your PICOT idea, supported by the evidence-based research you have obtained in during your systematic review. You will apply evidence-based research findings, discovered from your clinical question, and then integrate those to support your suggested change in nursing practice.
- Identify your refined PICOT question.
- Using PubMed and the Cochrane collaboration database, do a systematic review of your clinical question.
- Describe your systematic review and include an errors analysis.
- Determine an evidence-based quantitative article from the search that contains an evidence-based randomized control trial.
- Summarize the case study selected.
- Describe the study approach, sample size, and population studied.
- Apply the evidence from this review to your practice specifically in your overview.
- Evaluate the outcomes, identifying the validity and reliability.
- Discuss if the study contained any bias.
- Determine the level of evidence identified in the review.
- The length should be no less than 10 Pages in APA format.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Home.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and;
- use APA 6th edition format
Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare
- Chapter 4: â€œClinically Appraising Knowledge for Clinical Decision Makingâ€
- Chapter 5: â€œClinically Appraising Quantitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Makingâ€
- Chapter 6: â€œClinically Appraising Qualitative Evidence for Clinical Decision Makingâ€
Oâ€™Mathuna, D. P., (2010). The role of systematic review. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 16(2), 205â€“207.
Oâ€™Mathuna, D. P. (2010b). Critical appraisal of systematic reviews. International Journal of Nursing Practice, 16(4), 414â€“418.
Stevens, K. R. (2001). Systematic reviews: The heart of evidence-based practice. AACN Clinical Issues, 12(4), 529â€“538.
Access the NCQA site and review quality measurements that are used in healthcare. This site will provide practical application review for you on how evidence is translated into practice.
It is expected that you will spend at least 2 hours reviewing this resource.
- National Committee on Quality Assurance. 2015. Quality Measurement Products. Retrieved from http://www.ncqa.org/HEDISQualityMeasurement/QualityMeasurementProducts.aspx