In the United States, a number of law enforcement agencies, including the Secret Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Homeland Security, among others, have taken on roles to fight computer crimes and terrorism.
Use the Internet or Strayer library to research articles on the efforts of law enforcement agencies to combat cyber crimes and cyber terrorism, as well as the roles of such agencies in the future of the combat in question.
Create a 15-slide presentation or 10-minute video presentation using Kaltura in which you address the following:
- Explain how the process of digital evidence is similar to the process of traditional crime scene evidence.
- Identify some of the best sources of digital evidence for child abuse and exploitation, domestic violence, and gambling according to the National Institute of Justice.
- Smartphones contain digital data and are often a key source of information for crimes. Summarize a criminal case in which a smartphone was a critical component in obtaining a conviction, focusing on how the digital forensics from the phone was utilized in the case.
- Describe Brothers’ steps for forensic analysis of mobile devices.
- Use at least four (4) quality references for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Presentation Pro Tips:
- Practice, practice, practice. Say it over and over again so that you come across cool and collected and your information isnâ€™t lost in your nervousness or verbal stops (um, er, uh).
- PowerPoints should have only a single thought on each slide and complete sentences are not necessary. Sometimes a single word with a good graphic or just a strong graph is all you need.
- Use 18 point font or larger. (18 point font is the smallest that can be read from across the room.)
- Relax. You know the information. Now youâ€™re just showing it.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length