Draw and mapping out,
your final should be about 5 pages or more. It depends on how you will fit and organize the drawing and identifying each thing that you draw into your pages, and showing me couple of screenshots from Wireshark and the Command Prompt for pinging the Oxford site, and also telling me what are you seeing from all of that!
Suggestion – coloring coding > if you will use that option make sure all the pages in the same color coding.
Part 1 – Home
Mapping out your home network:
1. Draw and Identify Every piece of network connected equipment or devices
2. Use Wireshark to Attempt to see traffic coming from a few of the devices then screenshot it and tell me what you see
a. where is the traffic going to
b. what addresses is the device talking to
3. Command Prompt: Ping, Traceroute and go to https://www.ox.ac.uk (Links to an external site.)
Part 2 – Oxford: (Using WireShark)
1. Identify several networks that are carrying traffic to Oxford.
a. show each of the networks in your Internet
b. show the OSI for the Oxford web server
2. Show the return of the webpage to your network