The objective of Article Review assignments is for you to seek out recent news articles on a benefit related topic or issue and apply course learnings to understand, describe and speak to the issue.
For this assignment, look up ONE article on the topic of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (also referred to as The Affordable Care Act). The article should be 500-1000 words, less than a year old and from a source that can be reviewed online. Additionally it should be well balanced, preferable from a source in the popular press and not a blog or opinion piece.
Your article can be about:
Option A. The law itself in its entirety
Option B. One aspect of the law. (This law has many aspects to it that affect group healthcare benefits, some of which have been rolled out already and some which will be implemented over the next few years.)
In your essay, briefly summarize the article and:
- For Option A:
- Describe the law and what problem you believe the law it designed to address.
- What is the author’s opinion? Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What is your opinion of the law as described in the article?
- For Option B:
- Describe the aspect of the law that the author is writing about.
- What problem is this part of the law designed to address?
- What is the author’s opinion of this part of the law? Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What is your opinion of this aspect of the law as described in the article?
Include a link to your article in your essay, and remember to cite your sources properly. There is information on using APA style to cite resources.