Option #2: How to Deal with a Project that is Off Course
There are many examples of projects that have gone off course. Often times, a new project manager is brought in if the situation is dire.
- For this assignment, find and describe a project that did not stay on scope, time, or budget.
- Then, identify what project management principles were not followed for the project.
- Lastly, describe how you, as a newly selected project manager, would make changes to ensure the project got back on track.
Examples of recent projects that have gone off-course could include:
- Colorado Veterans Administration (VA) Hospital (Links to an external site.)
- Target Expansion in Canada (Links to an external site.)
- Los Angeles Unified School Districtâ€™s iPad/Computer Project (Links to an external site.)
Your paper should be 2 pages, well written and in conformity with APA format for style and writing expectations. Be sure to properly organize your writing and include an introduction, headings / subheadings for the body of your work, analysis and recommendations, conclusion, and list of references. Include a title page and a reference page that includes at least two outside references to support your analysis.