pediatric nursing 5
Goals of paper: PEDIATRIC NURSE
- To research, write, and present about a health care career of interest
- To demonstrate what steps are needed to pursue this career: how to apply to your program choice, prerequisites, using webadvisor
- To describe how and why you chose this career; your values and goals
- To describe time management strategies and study skills needed to achieve this goal
- To project strengths and potential obstacles
- To complete this course with a better understanding of a health care career pathway
- To share your findings with fellow students, thus promoting a better understanding for others
By the end of week 2, you should choose the health care career choice you will be researching, and begin a reflection journal. Each week, you will gain more knowledge about yourself and your career choice through the assignments.
Questions to be addressed in the paper:
- The scope of practice
- The level of education neededlicense requirements
- The standards of practice and ethical code for this career
- Self-Expression & Awareness
- What did you learn about this career that you did not know before?
- What are your perceived strengths and potential obstacles that should be addressed?
- Do you have external challenges; family, work, financial, time?
- Reread your journal, talk about your AHA moments and insights gained from this course
- What are some of the success strategies you will adapt, or currently use that work for you?
- How do your values and goals align with this career?
- How do you cope with stress?
- If this is the career you want to pursue, do you have the time, commitment, and support to accomplish this? Please explain.
- What are your next steps?
- How do you apply to the program, what prerequisites must be taken?
- Do you have a long term plan that includes transfer? If so, have you thought about where?
The paper must be in APA format, 3-4 pages length, plus a cover page and reference page. All phrases of words that are not your own must be cited and referenced, including page number for direct quotes.