please read below 27
Research and present project
From the Rhode Island Police and local weather data (Police Dataset, Weather Dataset) or…
Use a dataset and question from the Data Sets and Questions or use an dataset and questions you like to research.
Do the following:
1. Acquire the data and establish research questions*.
2. Perform data analysis.
3. Develop a presentation on your findings.
4. Present to class (10 min max)
Grading (100 points total)
- Data analysis – 20 points (submitted Jupyter output)
- Power Points – 30 Points (submitted Powerpoint file)
- Presentation – 50 points (in class or video / screen capture)
Submit the two files (Jupiter file output (print to PDF) and the PPT file.
* Examples of ways to explore the data:
- Do the genders commit different violations?
- Examining traffic violations
- Comparing violations by gender
- Does gender affect who gets a ticket for speeding?
- Comparing speeding outcomes by gender
- Does gender effect whose vehicle is searched?
- Comparing search rates by gender
- Does gender affect who is frisked during a search?
- Comparing frisk rates by gender
- Does time of day affect arrest rate?
- Calculating the hourly arrest rate
- Plotting the hourly arrest rate
- Are drug-related stops on the rise?
- Plotting drug-related stops
- Comparing drug and search rates
- What violations are caught in each district?
- Plotting violations by district
- How long might you be stopped for a violation?
- Plotting stop length