Assignment 2: RA 1: Practitioner Process Project
An required assignment (RA) is a substantive assessment intended to measure student performance against selected course objectives and/or program outcomes within a course. RAs are completed by all students across all Argosy University campuses and delivery formats without exception. Each RA assignment contributes to a significant portion of the overall course grade and is assessed by faculty using the rubric designed for that assessment. These are individual assignments, and students earn individual grades. RAs are not intended to assess students on every topic covered in the course, just on the key course objectives and/or program outcomes.
For this assignment you will visualize a personally selected work scenario for which you will present a plan for leadership through change.
Your plan is based on a stage model and includes the key goals and objectives and the activities and tools you would use to achieve them. While you may assume that management understands and appreciates management concepts, be sure your notes are also instructive to help managers understand cultural, group, and individual psychological factors that might be important. If you are using materials from a resource, include a citation on your slide. At the end of the presentation, include a list of the cited references. Remember to proofread your presentation.
The following basic stages are given as a guide for one final check of your course project. Note: Remember, this project is all about planning. Ensure your plan addresses how these stages will be carried out in support of the change process.
A: Initiating, articulating, and doing strategic planning
- Articulate the basic need and motivation for the change.
- Develop a coalition within the organization to plan the basic strategy for the change.
- Articulate the vision to guide the strategic planning for the change.
- Translate the vision and plan to various stakeholder groups.
- Plan for and respond to resistance.
C: Action and evaluation
- Create opportunities for forward progress.
- Evaluate progress and provide feedback to make modifications as needed.
Make your final revisions to your presentation on the basis of the following criteria:
- Information is organized and comprehensive.
- Concepts are presented in a coherent and cohesive manner.
Your final deliverable should be a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation approximately 8â€“12 slides in length, utilizing a minimum of six scholarly sources. The presentation should have detailed speakerâ€™s notes. All citations and references should be in APA format on both the slides and the speakerâ€™s notes. A reference page, in APA format, should be included as a slide at the end of the presentation.
- By Wednesday, September 16, 2015, save your presentation as IO6502_M3_A2_Lastname_Firstname.ppt and submit it to the M3 Assignment 2 RA 1 Dropbox.