social welfare policy
Research one social welfare policy.
Analyze the policy and address the following:
The social problem addressed by the policy
- What is/are the problem/s to be solved in the most fundamental terms?
- What is the history of the problem/s in the United States?
- What are the various theories about the causes of the problem/s? Based on this, what do you think is/are the most important causes/s of the problem/s?
The policy objectives, value premises, expectation, and target populations
- Policy objectivesâ€”overt and covert objectives: What are the stated objectives of the policy? In your judgment, what are the covert objectives of the policy?
- What are the values underlying the policy objectives? What values are revealed by the overt and covert objectives?
- What did the policymakers expect would be the result of the policy?
- Target segments of the population at whom policy is aimed: Discuss the direct target of the policy in terms of size and other demographic characteristics. Who are the indirect targets of the policy?
Effects of the policy
- Intended effects: What effects did the lawmakers intend?
- Unintended effects: What effects did the lawmakers not foresee?
- Distinguish between short-range (less than five years) and long-range (over five years) effects of the policy.
Implications of the Policy
- Changes in the distribution of material resources: Are there any changes to the distribution of material resources, including income and other tangible benefits, as a result of the policy for direct or indirect target groups?
- Changes in distribution of services, rights, and statuses: Are there any changes in services, rights, or statuses as a result of the policy?
- What alternative policy/policies would more effectively address the social problem discussed in the policy analysis while advancing social justice?
Write a 4â€“6-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.