In this Performance Task Assessment, you will analyze a case study in order to demonstrate your ability to assess information systems security, legal, and ethical risks and develop plans for mitigating information systems risks. You are strongly encouraged to use the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist when completing this Assessment.
Your response to this Assessment should:
- Reflect the criteria provided in the Rubric.
- Adhere to the required length.
- Conform to APA style guidelines. You may use Walden Writing Centerâ€™s APA Course Paper Template.
This Assessment requires submission of one file. Save your file as SP003_ firstinitial_lastname (for example, SP003_ J_Smith).
When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
This assessment has two-parts. Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
Select an organization of your choice with which you are familiar, or for which you can find sufficient information about its business information systems. Identify one or more information systems for analysis. The information system(s) should be enterprise-scale and cross-functional, or linked to external suppliers, customers, or partners. For the selected business information system(s), prepare a 3- to 5-page risk management analysis and evaluation that addresses the following. In each section, make sure to support your positions with reasoning, evidence, citations, and references.
- Identify and describe global and domestic security, legal, and ethical risks related to the selected business information system(s), and their potential impacts. Include financial impacts as well as other types of impacts.
- Compare and contrast approaches to mitigating or managing the security, legal, and ethical risks you identified. Include at least two approaches to managing each risk.
Read the â€œEngro Chemicals Pakistan Limited Case Study.â€ Considering the same organization and business information system(s) you selected above, prepare a 5- to 7-page disaster recovery and business continuity plan that addresses the following. In each section, make sure to support your positions with reasoning, evidence, citations, and references.
- Identify and evaluate at least two options for disaster recovery. Compare and contrast the strengths and weaknesses of each option (2â€“3 pages).
- Using the preferred option(s) from your evaluation, develop a comprehensive plan for disaster recovery and business continuity for the business information system(s) you selected above (3â€“4 pages).