Read Chapter 5: Using Authentic Texts to Learn New Words and Develop Fluency (pp. 58-81).
You might also want to read the following recommended resources:
- Teaching flexibly with leveled texts: More power for your reading block. http://www.readingrockets.org/article/teaching-fle…
- Hooking struggling readers: Using books they can and want to read. http://www.readingrockets.org/article/hooking-stru…
- Explore this repository entitled “Choosing and Using Kids’ Books. http://www.readingrockets.org/books/aboutkids
Using the student profile you developed in Discussion Forum #3 for this week, create a one-on-one literacy lesson for this student.
In a four- to five-page paper (not including title and reference pages) with proper APA formatting and citations, include the following components:
- A summary of the student profile. (You may want to revise this based on feedback from your peers and/or instructor.)
- A description of the literacy lesson, which will include objectives, an authentic trade book, at least one activity related to the text, and an assessment.
- An explanation of how your literacy lesson supports the learning of reading for the specific student.
**Chapter 5 & Student Profile will be attached**