Prompt: Lincoln, Ch. 3 & 4;
Ch. 3 Who lives here…works here…?
- What is the demographic make-up of your community?
- Is this a change from ten or twenty years ago?
- Do you have an immigrant or refugee population?
Immigrants in your community
- Who are the immigrants in your community?
- What ways does it challenge you to care for this population?
- What resources are available…for you…for your patients?
- Has your organization provided you with continuing education programs about caring for diverse populations?
List your first positive and negative thoughts after reading each one:
- African American- college- male- dreadlocks
- Asian- math- herbs- driving
- White- pregnant- poverty- alone
- Native American- overweight- casino- pride
- Woman- executive- African American- new
- Elderly- new hire- thrifty- organized
On the scale of 1-5…where are you on the river…?
- In the clinical setting: 1 2 3 4 5
- In the staff meeting: 1 2 3 4 5
- At the supermarket: 1 2 3 4 5
- At the family gathering: 1 2 3 4 5
Directions: Complete the Reflective Journal questions presented in your Lincoln (Weeks 1-6) and Dayer-Berenson (Weeks 6-8) text as defined in the course outline. Post the responses to the questions in the D2L dropbox.