Assignment: SPSS – Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
In Week 3, you ran the independent-samples t-testto compare the mean of two groups. However, there may be circumstances where you need to compare more than two group means. An ANOVA is a statistical method used to compare the means of two or more groups. For example, an IT manager wants to determine whether the mean (average) times required to complete a certain IT task differ based on the three types of employee training. The IT manager randomly selects 10 employees who have undergone the three types of training (three groups). Using an ANOVA, the IT manager could analyze data to verify whether the mean times required to complete the same IT task varies based on the three types of training.
For this Assignment, you will run a one-way ANOVA using the Week 4 Data File for One-way ANOVA.sav data file.
To prepare for this Assignment, review Lesson 25 from the Green and Salkind (2017) text, the Week 4 Assignment Exemplar and Week 4 Assignment Template documents, and the tutorial videos provided in this week’s Resources. Review the Roy and Saha (2016) article. Be sure to review the footnotes in the Week 4 Assignment Exemplar, as they provide additional explanatory information. Consider how you would extend your quantitative research to be appropriate for a one-way ANOVA. Download Week 4 Data File for One-way ANOVA.sav from the weekly resources.
By Day 7
Submit a synthesis of statistical findings derived from ANOVA that follows the Week 4 Assignment Template. Your paper must include the following:
- A description and justification for using the one-way ANOVA
- A properly formatted research question
- A properly formatted H0(null) and H1 (alternate) hypothesis
- An APA-formatted “Results” section for the one-way ANOVA
- Identification of the statistical test
- Identification of independent and dependent variables, including the identification of the number of levels for the independent variable
- Identification of data assumptions and assessment outcome
- Inferential results in correct APA statistical notation format
- A properly formatted box plot
- A discussion on how you would extend the one-way ANOVA to a two-way ANOVA using the variables in the Week 4 Data File for One-way ANOVA.sav dataset.
- Properly APA-formatted references
- Appendix containing SPSS output (see Week 4 Assignment Exemplar)
Note:You will cut and paste the appropriate SPSS output into the Appendix. The SPSS output is not in APA format, so you will need to type the information from the SPSS output to the appropriate sections of the APA table. Be sure to use the Week 4 Assignment Template to complete this Assignment.Also, refer to the Week 4 Assignment Rubric for specific grading elements and criteria. Your Instructor will use this rubric to assess your work.