NSG 6101 – Nursing Research Methods (2 SEPARATE ASSIGNMENTS)
Assignment 1: Discussion Questions
Part One: Please begin by responding to the following questions.
- What factors must a researcher consider in selecting an existing instrument for use in a study?
- How does a researcher locate an existing instrument?
Part Two: Search and locate an existing instrument that will be used to address your research question. Post the title of the instrument selected and the level of measurement on the tool. Next, post a description of the type of scale used in the instrument. Include a brief discussion of data collection procedures that will be presented in your proposal.
Provide constructive, supportive feedback to your classmatesâ€™ posts.
This section is a continuation from the previous papers. Please remember to follow instructions and APA guidelines. All reference must be used IN-TEXT CITATIONS correctly. I have attached previous weeks work so that you can ensure that this paper follows the others.
Assignment 2: Research Proposal Draft
By Monday, January 9, 2017, write a 2â€“3-page paper addressing the sections below of the research proposal.
- Extraneous Variables (and plan for how controlled).
- Instruments: Description, validity, and reliability estimates, which have been performed (on a pre-established measure). Include plans for testing validity and reliability of generating your own instrument(s).
- Description of the Intervention
- Data Collection Procedures
Post your assignment to the W7: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Identifies extraneous variables and plan for how controlled.||
|Instrument is appropriate to address research question.||
|Includes description of the selected instrument(s), validity, and reliability estimates.||
|Description of the Intervention is fully addressed.||
|Data Collection Procedures are clear and succinct.||
|Followed APA guidelines for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.||
FOR YOUR REFERENCE, I HAVE ATTACHED LAST WEEKS PAPER WITH CORRECTIONS THAT WERE MADE BY THE INSTRUCTOR.