Career development plays a significant role in the counseling practice, regardless of the setting. Accordingly, most counselor licensure and school counselor certification exams include questions concerning career development theory and practice. In this assignment, you will summarize the primary aspects of the traditional and recent career counseling theories discussed over the past two weeks. Keep these notes to help you prepare for your credentialing exam(s) post-graduation.
To Prepare for the Activity
- Review the Learning Resources concerning traditional and recent theories of career development presented over the past two weeks.
- Access the â€œPutting It All Together: Summarizing Theories of Career Developmentâ€ template located in the Week 3 Learning Resources.
By Day 7
- Complete the â€œPutting It All Together: Summarizing Theories of Career Developmentâ€ chart located in the Week 3 Learning Resources.
- Complete the reflections questions at the bottom of the chart. Compare and contrast traditional and recent theories of career development and discuss new insights you gained regarding the applicability of these theories to marginalized populations since the Week 1 Discussion.
Kosine, N. R., PhD., Steger, M. F., PhD., & Duncan, S., PhD. (2008). Purpose-centered career development: A strengths-based approach to finding meaning and purpose in careers. Professional School Counseling, 12(2), 133-136.
Niles, S., & Harris-Bowlsbey, J. (2016). Career development interventions (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 3, â€œUnderstanding and Applying Recent Theories of Career Developmentâ€
Oliveira, Ã. M., Taveira, M. D. C., & Porfeli, E. J. (2015). Emotional aspects of childhood career development: Importance and future agenda. International Journal for Educational and Vocational Guidance, 15(2), 163-174. doi:http://dx.doi.org.ezp.waldenulibrary.org/10.1007/s…
Attached is the template that will need to be filed out