A family health assessment looks at functional, developmental, and socio-economic perspectives, as spelled out in the following list. In a Word document, use the points in the list to write a 1-3 page nursing assessment of a family in your home community.
Your family health assessment should include the following two parts:
- Family structure, characteristics, and dynamics
- Socio-economic, roles, community relationships, and cultural characteristics
- Home and environment, including access to social structures, transportations, health care, and other services
- Health status of family members and health behaviors, including a historical perspective
- Health promotion practices, behaviors, values and use of preventive measures, modalities, treatments, and services
- Present your evaluation of the family’s health (1-2 paragraphs)
- Present a nursing plan for this family that targets intervention and health promotion and prevention (1-2 paragraphs)
- Provide a list of at least four recommended resources for any community health professional working with this family in your project community
- APA FORMAT WITH REFERENCES
Respond to one of the following questions:
- Review the Healthy People 2020 objectives for Access to Care. Of all the objectives listed under this topic, which do you think would be most beneficial to the patients with chronic illness? Please give rationales and support responses with references.
- Discuss how you feel nurses can positively impact the Healthy People 2020 goals.
Citations should conform to APA guidelines.